FW: New FAQ: Setting encoding in web authoring applications

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Ishida [mailto:ishida@w3.org]
Sent: 06 November 2003 10:37
To: 'Chris Lilley'
Cc: Richard Ishida
Subject: RE: New FAQ: Setting encoding in web authoring applications

Thanks Chris,

I'll change "The presence of the BOM can create problems in older
browsers" to "The presence of the BOM for UTF-8 encoded pages can create
problems in older browsers"

> An entry for XML Spy would be good, as would some entries for SVG
creation tools.

If you can provide some info for us, I'll add it.

Cheers,
RI

PS: Can I copy this to the GEO group?

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/

W3C Internationalization FAQs
http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html
RSS feed: http://www.w3.org/International/questions.rss

Someone reading that might think 'so, remove it to avoid problems in
older browsers'. Not good if the document is UTF-16.