W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > March 2003

Re: AGENDA: I18N GEO TF telcon, 2003-03-19 at 20:00 UTC, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 7am Australia (next day!)

From: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:22:11 -0500
Message-ID: <3E78B553.FD0CBB71@i18nguy.com>
To: ishida@w3.org
CC: public-i18n-geo@w3.org

Did you see the bidi message I posted friday?

Richard Ishida wrote:
> 
> Small additions...
> 
> AGENDA
> I18N GEO TF teleconference
> 
> Please feel free to suggest additional items for the agenda.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) with conference code 4186 (spells
> "I18N")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Day     : Wednesday
> Date    : 19 March 2003
> Start    : 20:00 UTC, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 7am Australia (next
> day!)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> ***     indicates a specific topic we need to discuss
> -       indicates a regular topic
> 
> Draft agenda
> ============
> 
> Review of agenda
> 
> Review of actions (see below)
> 
> Review of dependencies (see below)
> 
> Review of pending edits (see below).
> 
> Meetings & Events:
> ****    New telecon times (daylight savings)
> ****    No telecon next week
> ****    Presentation to Offices on Friday
> ****    Changes to FTF minutes
> 
> New participants
> ****    Phil Arko, Barry Caplan
> 
> Review of work process
> ****    uploading info to the W3C site
> 
> Format developments
> -       Review new developments
> -       Update on discussions with WAI
> ****    What to call 'rules': guidepoint? directive?
> 
> Content development
> ****    Steve's latest submission
> ****    Brainstorm: Lucky Dip !  (lets contribute any guidelines for any
> sections this week)
> 
> Outreach
> ***     Postpone this until after Unicode (Suzanne will join)
> 
> AOB
> 
> \================================================
> Details:
> 
> CONTENT OWNERS
> ================
> 
> Steve
>         Anything in section 3 (character sets, encoding, entities)
> [first priority]
>         Anything in section 10 (Objects)
> 
> Martin
>         character sets & encodings in forms
> 
> Lloyd
>         Forms
> 
> Richard
>         Bidi
> 
> Russ
>         automatic layout
> 
> Andrew
>         i was thinking of jotting down some notes on the following
> areas, and
>         then seeing what i could add to other sections.
>         3 Character sets, character encodings and entities
>         4 Specifying the language of content
>         5 Text direction
>         6.4 Ruby
>         7 Lists
>         8 Tables
>              8.1 Mirroring tables in bidirectional text
>         15 Writing source text
> 
> ACTIONS (ongoing and new)
> =======
> ACTION: TT, RI need to recontact Bill Hall
> 
> ACTION: RI to send invitation to Gerald Edgar, who observed during the
> Tech Plen DONE
> 
> ACTION: RI to follow up tommorrow with Barry Caplan.
> DONE
> 
> ACTION: Russ, follow-up wrt possible new member from Trados
> 
> ACTION: RI to propose some new teleconf times to cope with daylight
> savings at next week's meeting.
> 
> ACTION: RI to ping Suzanne again.
> DONE
> 
> ACTION: RI, set up an area on the W3C site for people to post proposals,
> and give people access.
> DONE
> 
> Action: Richard, look at ways of making the document print with a
> smaller font, while avoiding any WAI issues.
> 
> All: send in pointers to existing guidelines
> 
> Suzanne: put together a list of short term vs. long term goals related
> to education and outreach - send it to us for discussion
> 
> DEPENDENCIES
> =============
> 
> None.
> 
> EDITS PENDING
> =============
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:10    e, clarify the relationship between 'avoid
> escapes' and 'use hex techniques [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:09    e, link to the WAI docs section on language
> declarations [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:08    e, incorporate guidance related to Character
> Model & Unicode and Markup Languages [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:07    e, time & date: improve rules [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:06    e, consider when it is appropriate to mention
> source separation [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:04    e, say that fragment identifiers shouldn't be
> translated [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:03    edit, spell out PUA and link to glossary
> [[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:03    edit, add normalisation info [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:01    edit, add autoresizing and bidi mirroring info
> [[ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 16:01    edit, mention video
> [[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 15:59    edit, allude to vertical text in the HTML
> techniques
> [[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 15:58    edit, Add a section on printing issues related
> to paper sizes to the toc. [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Fri 17/01/2003 15:51    edit, make the text print smaller [[
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> Thu 16/01/2003 16:32    edit, ac 15jan, add stuff on normalisation
> 
> Thu 16/01/2003 16:30    edit, ac 15jan, link to WAI lang stuff
> 
> Thu 16/01/2003 16:05    edit, link to UXML
> 
> Thu 16/01/2003 14:42    edit, standardise spellings
> 
> Thu 16/01/2003 14:29    edit, make 2002 2003
> [[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jan/0020.html
> 
> ============
> Richard Ishida
> W3C
> 
> tel: +44 1753 480 292
> http://www.w3.org/International/
> http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex@XenCraft.com
Xen Master                          http://www.i18nGuy.com
                         
XenCraft		            http://www.XenCraft.com
Making e-Business Work Around the World
-------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Wednesday, 19 March 2003 13:24:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:27:59 UTC