W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > June 2003

AGENDA: Revised !! I18N GEO TF telcon, 2003-05-14 at 19:00 UTC, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 20:00 UK, 5am Australia (next day!)

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:24:36 +0100
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000701c32ac6$8e01ce00$6501a8c0@w3c40upc3ma3j2>

Added a URI for the brainstorming session.
Updated the actions list.



AGENDA
I18N GEO TF teleconference


Please feel free to suggest additional items for the agenda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day     : Wednesday
Date    : 4 June 2003
Start    : 19:00 UTC, 20:00 UK, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 5am
Australia (next day!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) 
	with conference code 4186 (spells "I18N")
Duration : 60-90 minutes
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------


*** indicates a topic that will receive particular attention this week




Draft agenda
============

Review of agenda

Review of actions (see below)

Review of dependencies (see below)

Meetings:
	-

Info Share
****	 [Here you can contribute news or informative titbits about
events, developments, etc that affect our work.  It is information share
only - if processing is needed we should add an agenda item - although
of course clarification questions are allowed.]


Review of recent activity


Content Review
****	Final review of Lloyd's Q&A contribution
	http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-date-format.html

****	Brainstorming: User's questions
	See website
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/upload/2003/questions/

****	Comments on section 2.2 of guidelines: "Specifying a page
encoding"?
	
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/#ri20030218.131104811


Education & Outreach



Content discussion
****	Brainstorming questions people may ask



AOB





================================================
Details:


CONTENT OWNERS
================

Steve
	Anything in section 3 (character sets, encoding, entities)
[first priority]
    	Anything in section 10 (Objects)

Martin
	character sets & encodings in forms

Lloyd
	Forms

Richard 
	Bidi

Russ
	automatic layout

Andrew
	i was thinking of jotting down some notes on the following
areas, and 
	then seeing what i could add to other sections.
	3 Character sets, character encodings and entities
	4 Specifying the language of content
	5 Text direction
	6.4 Ruby
	7 Lists
	8 Tables
	     8.1 Mirroring tables in bidirectional text
	15 Writing source text

John
	Navigation




ACTIONS (ongoing and new)
=======

ACTION: Phil, write the Q&A for review on 11 June.

ACTION: RI, add agreed edits to non-eng-tags Q&A and publish as this
week's contribution

ACTION: RI, add agreed edits to  bidi-space Q&A

ACTION: RI, add agreed edits to Tex's Q&A

ACTION: Lloyd, write up some code samples relating to date formats and
link to them from the Q&A page at a later date

ACTION: Lloyd, provide descriptive text for the links in the Further
Information section of this week's Q&A.

ACTION: Lloyd, consider commenting about side effects and the
differences between ASP and ASP .NET.

ACTION: Richard, encourage comments on the list about Lloyd's Q&A so we
can publish next week.

ACTION: Lloyd, consider adding to this weeks Q&A a recommendation that
users are able to tell which local format is used for the dates.

ACTION: RI, add organisation names to currently available Q&A pages.

ACTION: RI, set up Phil and Suzanne as Invited Experts

ACTION: AC to create a list of possibilities for 'non-displayable'
characters

ACTION: Lloyd, send a list of deprecated tags in HTML by next meeting 
Moved to back burner

All: send in pointers to existing guidelines 



DEPENDENCIES
=============

None.



============
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/International/ 
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
Received on Wednesday, 4 June 2003 14:25:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:37 GMT