XHTML served as application/xml+xhtml

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:23:07 +0100
To: <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

Hi Steven,

Following our discussion last Friday I proposed to amend the Q&A at
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-css-markup.html by
inserting a second para in the section Answer -> XHTML/HTML that reads
as follows:

======================
(There is an exception to this rule. If the XHTML is served as
it is treated by the user agent as XML rather than HTML, and so needs
CSS to map the markup to the appropriate display behaviour, as described
in '<a href="#xml">General XML-based markup languages</a>' above.)

Some questions were raised about its validity in our GEO telecon. Would
you mind casting an eye over this para and letting us know whether it
looks correct / adequate to you?

Thanks!

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/International/ http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/