Re: proposed question: which languages are RTL?

ok, ok, ok....

I'll add another example or two, without much comment other than to note the
examples are not rtl languages.

Hopefully someone will pickup the suggestion to create a question for
multi-script languages and then we can point to it.

tex

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 20:36 03/07/10 -0400, Tex Texin wrote:
>
> >2)I think the point I made  in the background section about multiple scripts
> >with Yiddish, is sufficient for this Q. (Let me know if you think not.) But
> >"Can a language be written in more than one script?" would make a good
> >additional Q and the answer can list some of the more common languages that
> >have multiple scripts, along with the implications for web development of
> >perhaps having to support multiple scripts for a single language, or choosing
> >the right script. It should also be noted that the "preferred" script changes
> >from time to time.
>
> I think Yiddish is a good example, but it wouldn't hurt to have one
> or two more examples. That will help to: 1) Get somewhat of a balance
> with Hebrew and Arabic. 2) show that this is more comment than one
> might think 3) show that that can happen in different ways (e.g.
> in the Yiddish case, Hebrew seems to be the main script, with Latin
> as an alternative, and without much chance over time). In the
> case of Aserbaijanian, it's different in that there have been
> strong changes over time, and now it's mainly an issue of which
> country you are in. Not that we have to explain all this, but
> it may help readers to remember or discover this diversity.
>
> Regards,     Martin.

Making e-Business Work Around the World