Re: when to use language negotiation- author needed

Tex Texin wrote:

> Yes, I had heard that too and had started to mention it in my comments
> and then removed it because identifying
> a users location by ip address isn't that reliable. For example, workers
> for large companies often connect from anywhere in the world to the
> corporate network and then all of their outgoing net requests look to
> the rest of the world as if they came from a single client ip address,
> which is a proxy for all the companies users.

Within the sectors I work in, location and/or IP address are
non-workable as a solution to content negotiation.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
e-Diversity and Content Infrastructure Solutions

andrewc@vicnet.net.au

Ph. +61-3-8664-7430
Fax: +61-3-9639-2175

http://www.openroad.net.au/