Re: when to use language negotiation- author needed

Martin Duerst wrote:

>> 2) I don't know the answer to the question on htaccess for changing
>> language directories rather than pages.
>> I had the same question.
>

> It must be possible with Apache, because the Apache documentation
> project uses it. Look e.g. at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/content-negotiation.html
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ko/content-negotiation.html
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ja/content-negotiation.html
> and http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html.
> But I haven't figured it out yet, but it seems to involve more
> than just simple configuration directives.

I assume they're using type maps, esp since you specify URIs in the type
maps rather than filenames.

Content negotiation appears to be implimented at the higher directory
structure index levels like http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ but if you
follow a deep link into the documentation you don't have langauge
negotiation instead you have to select a language form the langauge
menu. Either that or my browser is misbehaving.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
e-Diversity and Content Infrastructure Solutions

andrewc@vicnet.net.au

Ph. +61-3-8664-7430
Fax: +61-3-9639-2175

http://www.openroad.net.au/