Incremental disclosure

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:14:42 +0100
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

To give you a *very* quick and dirty idea of how incremental disclosure and task oriented indexing can work, please see http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/checklists/wai-html-impl-checklist.html

I threw this together while trying to get my head around WCAG's HTML Techniques doc v1.0.  Headings are mostly theirs. Black text is checkpoints.  Green text are directives I pulled out of the flowing text.  Click on the text to expand or contract the information.

NOTE: I'm not proposing this as a way to implement the GEO guidelines.  But it is an interesting illustration of guiding someone to task-based, checklist oriented information.  Note that the hand icon takes you to the detailed flowing text, if you need to read that.

Hope that helps,

The W3C Internationalization Activity has restructured, and has issued a call for participation.
See http://www.w3.org/International/about.html

tel: +44 1753 480 292