GEO FTF meetings - please respond asap

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:39:18 -0000
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

Chaps,

Yesterday Martin and I were discussing the Technical Plenary in March. Our discussion lead me to want to check our plans for upcoming face-to-face meetings.

We are currently scheduled to meet at Microsoft's offices on 23,24 January near Seattle (thanks Russ!).

Other opportunities for face to face meetings include:

A] During the W3C Technical Plenary, 3-7 March in Boston.  (The Tech Plenary is a chance for many WGs to hold co-located meetings so that they can discuss things together / observe each other ).

B] Around the Internationalization & Unicode Conference, 24-26 March in Prague.

Could all WG members please send in their thoughts on the following asap (since we ought to finalise plans for the Tech Plenary today.)

1] Does it still make sense to have a separate FTF at Microsoft, given the Tech Plenary in Boston in March?

2] Who would like to hold a meeting during the Tech Plenary?

3] Who would like to hold a meeting at the IUC in Prague?

4] If we do hold a meeting at Microsoft before the Tech Plenary, is the timing right, or should we move it into February.

Many thanks,

tel: +44 1753 480 292