Re: A Style Guide for Ethiopic Layout

Hello Daniel,

Many thanks for all your work. In cases where it's not clear what the
best solution is (and maybe also a few other cases), it may be good to
put out two or more alternatives, and make sure it's clear that the
answers may also include things like "it depends", such as "it depends
on authors' preferences", "it depends on publisher's preferences", and
so on.

That reduces the chance that people don't just accept things because
they are better than nothing, or because they don't think they can be
easily changed. Things like that have happened all over the world with
software that wasn't ready for some typographic tradition, but people
just thought they couldn't change things easily. (I won't mention any
product names here; I'm sure you all know what I mean.)

Regards,   Martin.