From: ishida@w3.org [mailto:ishida@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 9:17 PM
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject: New specdev material about bidi

chaps,

I have published an very drafty update of the spec development guidelines in a *temporary location* at

http://w3c.github.io/bp-i18n-specdev/index_bidi#text_direction

that works on bidi topics. All the changes are in section 5 of that document.  The changes so far are mostly in the background material (moved and updated from the article i used to have on my own site, and integrated into the specdev doc). The actual recommendations still need rework – i'm actually considering whether to have separate subsections for recommendations related to markup documents vs JSON.

you'll also notice that i regrouped everything again into a single section about text direction.  That seemed to fall out of adding the additional background information. (So i may need to do the same with the language information too later.)

In addition, i've been pulling together some real world examples at

https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/wiki/Specs-handling-text-direction

one of which is the Activity Streams model we currently need to resolve, and the other is the Web Annotation model, which we worked on before.  I plan to add other models to this as time goes by, including CSV and WebVTT.  For Activity Streams, i've tried to list problems and proposed solutions.

please take a look and send any comments.

i plan to show this to the activity streams folks prior to our discussions with them coming up next week.

cheers,
ri