Re: Web Payments FPWDs published -- seeking early I18N Core review

> On Apr 21, 2016, at 3:52 PM, Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ian (and Web Payments),
>
> Thank you for requesting an early review! The Internationalization WG always appreciates the chance to give feedback, but the sooner we do so, the less disruptive and more productive it tends to be. So we really appreciate your reaching out.
>
> I will add your WDs to our review radar [0]. I assume that you have feedback instructions in the TR versions, but please let me know if you have specific requests for us. We have recently transitioned to using github issues to track internally. Our review radar will list the labels we are using for your documents so that you can find any issues we are discussing internally.

I don’t think we have any specific requests at this time. You will find that there are a lot of open issues in the specs, as we resolve them we may be able to be more specific with requests to you.

> Can you give us an idea of your schedule or plans for development so that we can time our feedback appropriately?

So far this is the best estimate of our milestones:
 https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/charter-201510.html#deliverables

There are more specs coming as well.

We are aiming to meet FTF in July. I think having comments before July would be useful. If that’s not possible, then the next good opportunity is TPAC.

> Finally, your WG may wish to review our Best Practices for Spec Developers document [1]. This is in an early state and is by no means complete, but we hope WGs find it a useful reference.

Thank you!

> If there is any way that we can help or specific questions we might answer for your WG, please feel free to reach out to me or to the WG.

Thanks, Addison.

Ian

> Best regards (for I18N),
>
> Addison
>
> [0] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/radar/
> [1] http://w3c.github.io/bp-i18n-specdev/
>

> Addison Phillips
> Principal SDE, I18N Architect (Amazon)
> Chair (W3C I18N WG)
>
> Internationalization is not a feature.
> It is an architecture.

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447