From: Mike McKenna [mailto:mgm@globalization.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:08 PM
To: Mckenna, Mike; Mark Davis ☕️; Phillips, Addison; Craig Cummings; Tex Texin
Cc: public-i18n-core@w3.org; Hom, Erwin; Bruhn, Daniel
Subject: Re: Question about HTML 5.1 autocomplete and libaddressinput fields

Due to restrictive paypal email policy I'm not sure everyone on the to: list got this.  Thanks in advance for both your wise response or wise-cracks.

Mike___
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 2:42 PM Mckenna, Mike <mimckenna@paypal.com<mailto:mimckenna@paypal.com>> wrote:
Hello I18n friends!

I’m trying to figure out how to harmonize the HTML 5.1 autofill name and address fields with the Google libaddressinput fields
Reference:
HTML 5.1 autocomplete fields<http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics.html#attr-fe-autocomplete-name>
Google address validation metadata description<https://github.com/googlei18n/libaddressinput/wiki/AddressValidationMetadata#details>
Google address metadata service<http://i18napis.appspot.com/address> (i18napis)

The new HTML 5.1 fields map almost exactly to the Google i18napi fields.  Except for “address-level4” in HTML 5.1, created to handle multi-level addresses in China<http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics.html#more-on-address-levels>, and the “sorting code”  in i18napis, created to handle French CEDEX codes and a few special cases in some countries.
W3C HTML 5.1
street-address<http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics.html#attr-fe-autocomplete-street-address>

Google
libaddressinput<https://github.com/googlei18n/libaddressinput/wiki/AddressValidationMetadata>

name

N - Name

organization

O - Organisation

address-line1

A - Street Address 1

address-line2

A - Street Address 2

address-line3

A - Street Address 3..n

address-level4<http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics.html#more-on-address-levels>

???

address-level3

D - Dependent locality, suburb, inner-city district

address-level2

C - City or locality

address-level1

S - Admin area or state, province, island, etc.

postal-code

Z - Zip or postal code

???

X - Sorting code (used for French territories and a few other countries)

country

country (data root)

Any ideas, or suggestions for who I can talk to on the HTML team or Google team to help resolve the mapping?

Thanks!

Mike McKenna
Internationalization Technology Product Owner
+1-408-967-3631 (desk), +1-510-332-7820 (mobile)
PayPal
2211  N. First Street, San Jose CA 95131 - USA