RE: Announcing FPWD pubs on p-review-announce [Was: Re: Comments on: W3C Process2015]

The list exists,
Public-review-announce@w3.org
As noted it is little used, but this may be due to it being entirely invisible. It took me over an hour to find it and that I could only do by tracing back the message history when it was being developed. It is not at all visible on the W3 home page nor does it seem to appear under the "participation" links. It is not even mentioned under Specification Review (http://www.w3.org/participate/review#specs ).

In the discussion that led to the list's creation, it was noted that it should not be totally automatic because the goal was for a Working Group to identify important drafts on which they wanted comments as distinct from drafts that are recording run of the mill decisions. I would also note that Process 2014 has far fewer Maturity level transitions for which Review makes sense. There is only Working Draft and Candidate Recommendation. There is no LC and CR is too late so that leaves only WD and, as noted above, with the exception of FPWD, subsequent WDs should not automatically be put on the list or list will be flooded. I agree that automatic is good, but perhaps making it the automation be part of the new WD publishing system, check a box and add a comment, would suffice in the automation area.

Steve Z