RE: [css3-text] Better wording than "known to be language X" (was line-break questions/comments

Hi! If the language is unknown, then the language is unidentifiable.
How about this combination of 'unidentifiable' and 'unknown':

]] Note that it is possible for the content language of an element to
be unidentifiable. Either because the language is implicitly unknown
due to lack of a language declaration mechanism that applies to the
document language of the current document, or because the language is
explicitly declared to be unknown.[[

This is partly inspired by HTML5, which discerns between "known" and
"explicitly unknown".[1]

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/global-attributes.html#the-lang-and-xml:lang-attributes

Leif H Silli

Koji Ishii, Wed, 29 Aug 2012 03:51:35 -0400: