RE: I18N-ISSUE-145: text-transform: full-width explanation [CSS3-text-prep]

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:23:23 -0500
To: Internationalization Core Working Group WG <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Thank you for the review. If you look at UnicodeData.txt[1], decomposition mappings look like this:

FF21 FULLWIDTH LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A <wide> 0041
FF61 HALFWIDTH IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP <narrow> 3002

So, the "text-transform: full-width" should transform:
U+0041 -> U+FF21
U+FF61 -> U+3002

The decomposition tag naming looks like opposite from my intuition, but the current text describes the correct behavior, doesn't it?

[1] http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt

Regards,
Koji

I18N-ISSUE-145: text-transform: full-width explanation [CSS3-text-prep]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: CSS3-text-prep

2.1. Transforming Text: the ‘text-transform’ property http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#text-transform

I don't understand this. If you map to decomposition mappings the characters are no longer full-width, right? How can your example abbr:lang(ja) { text-transform: full-width;  convert the ASCII characters in abbreviations in Japanese to their fullwidth variants so that they lay out and line break like ideographs?