W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2011

[minutes] i18n 2011/12/14

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:36:30 +0000
Message-ID: <4EEA05EE.8020303@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2011/12/14-i18n-minutes.html



  Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference

14 Dec 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2011Dec/0001.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/12/14-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Felix, Mati, Koji

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Minutes/Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Welcoming New Members
          5. [9]Questions about Test Framework
          6. [10]HTML5
          7. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Minutes/Agenda

Action Items

    close ACTION-82

    <trackbot> ACTION-82 Invite mike or set up supplementary call to
    discuss progress on IRI closed

    close ACTION-84

    <trackbot> ACTION-84 Add to rb bug that we don't want to escalate
    closed

    close ACTION-85

    <trackbot> ACTION-85 Add to rb bug a summary of what we discussed at
    TPAC and conclusions arising and next steps closed

Info Share

Welcoming New Members

Questions about Test Framework

    richard: any questions about what was in the email?

    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2011OctDec/
    0086.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2011OctDec/0086.html

    richard: if you have questions or comments, please send to list

HTML5

    richard: haven't put up wiki page yet; will try to this week
    ... need to try to agree something with Ian by 31 December

    felix: Ian understands use case for @translate
    ... had a comment to that effect

    <fsasaki>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12417#c52

      [14] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12417#c52

    richard: <rb> has until end of december for agreement

    koji: do you think the wiki does the job?

    richard: not complete yet, I think... needs more work

    <r12a> [15]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Rb

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Rb

    koji: maybe need to focus
    ... can live without rtc for now so long as door not closed?

    richard: if you have rbc
    ... rb is necessary if you have rbc
    ... because rbc is container for rb elements
    ... but can you do complex ruby without rbc, perhaps by nesting?

    <ruby>
    <ruby>base<rt>note-above</rt><rt>note-below</rt></ruby></ruby>

    richard: ruby base replacement case can't be done without <rb>
    ... fantasai had other cases
    ... one parenthesis (rp) for multiple bases

    <ruby> base<rt>note</rt>base-2<rt>note-1</rt></ruby>

    <kojiishi>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-ruby-el
    ement

      [16] 
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-ruby-element

    An rt element that is a child of a ruby element represents an
    annotation (given by its children) for the zero or more nodes of
    phrasing content that immediately precedes it in the ruby element,
    ignoring rp elements.

    <ruby> base<rt>note1</rt><rt>note2</rt></ruby>

    koji: fallback from multiple bases within a paren

    <kojiishi>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/grouping-content.html#the-dl-element

      [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/grouping-content.html#the-dl-element

    koji: should spec be clearer?

    <rt> is phrasing content, so "note2" could be ruby on "note1"

    <ruby> base<rt>note1</rt><rt>note2</rt></ruby>

    scribe: so don't know how to draw that

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: update ruby wiki and post to list
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-86 - Update ruby wiki and post to list [on
    Richard Ishida - due 2011-12-21].

    richard: I'll update bug and ping Ian

AOB?

    next meeting on 21st December

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: richard: update ruby wiki and post to list [recorded
    in [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/
Received on Thursday, 15 December 2011 14:37:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:23:07 UTC