Re: FW: Head's up: Geolocation API Level 2 FPWD and LC

Some notes from me...

4.1 Privacy considerations for implementors of the Geolocation API
http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/drafts/API/spec-source-v2.html#privacy_for_uas

"The user interface must include the host component of the document's
URI [URI]."

The spec should allow IRIs.

5.4 Coordinates interface, Address interface
http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/drafts/API/spec-source-v2.html#address_interface

"The country attribute is specified using the two-letter [ISO 3166-1] code."

Should this reference region tags in the IANA Subtag Registry?

"The city reflects the name of the city."

=> The city reflects the name of the city, town, village, etc.

Not i18n related:
I think that there should be an additional attribute corresponding to
rfc4119's A4 (city division, borough, city district, ward, cho).  Over
many years of tagging location in photos from around the world, I have
very regularly wanted to distinguish the city name from the subcity
location, so that I can capture the lower level information, but have a
clean city name for sorting, tagging, searching, etc.

I couldn't see anything i18n related in the Device orientation spec.

RI

--
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead