W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2011

[minutes] i18n telecon 2011-10-12

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:38:34 +0100
Message-ID: <4E95DEAA.7020202@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-minutes.html



  Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference

12 Oct 2011

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Koji, Felix, David

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Action Items
          2. [5]Info Share
          3. [6]UTR#50 writing direction/writing mode
          4. [7]Normalization
          5. [8]HTML
          6. [9]segmentation character
          7. [10]AOB?
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Action Items

    Draft not to our liasion (Mark Davis) indicating our support for the
    use of markup and our lack of support for a segmentation marker
    characgter

    close ACTION-72

    <trackbot> ACTION-72 Draft not to our liasion (Mark Davis)
    indicating our support for the use of markup and our lack of support
    for a segmentation marker characgter closed

    close ACTION-73

    <trackbot> ACTION-73 Poll WG for post-DST/Summer change time for
    call closed

    [12]http://doodle.com/mxwrdwfu3f8bsc79

      [12] http://doodle.com/mxwrdwfu3f8bsc79

    Prep charmod-norm for publication and coordinate with richard

    close ACTION-75

    <trackbot> ACTION-75 Escalate HTML5 bug 10830 to tracker closed

    Request evidence that browser developers want a list of styles in
    preference to a normative reference to CLDR for <q> tag
    implementation

    will do today

Info Share

    richard: made changes to the commenting process
    ... but forgot to write that up
    ... did this week
    ... and invite you all to discuss and try it out, preferably by
    doing a review
    ... basic idea is that you raise issues for comments you want ot
    make
    ... and then we move to another product in tracker which we use for
    live comments
    ... sent email
    ... today went through stylesheet for creating articles for
    /International
    ... updated and so you need to look at template and stylesheet
    ... haven't posted link yet

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: post links to template and stylesheet for
    writing articles [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-77 - Post links to template and stylesheet
    for writing articles [on Richard Ishida - due 2011-10-19].

    addison: spoke on panel at TAUS conference

UTR#50 writing direction/writing mode

    koji: utr#50 had an initial publication for review
    ... comments due by 24 October
    ... character orientation in vertical text flow is the title
    ... refers to JLReq
    ... focuses only on japanese
    ... raising question to author about that

    [14]http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr50/

      [14] http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr50/

    koji: review period is quite short

    addison: raise a PRI comment that we think this work is incomplete?

    koji: concern about direction or goals?

    richard: raise comments and then ask for blessing of the group
    ... and send a copy to our mailing list

Normalization

    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2011OctDec
    /0010.html

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2011OctDec/0010.html

    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2011OctDec
    /

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2011OctDec/

    richard: also, hixie changed position on isolated combining marks so
    that they are allowed

HTML

    addison: submitted tracker request for 10830

segmentation character

    felix: any further ideas about proposal?

    <fsasaki>
    [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2011Sep/00
    08.html

      [17] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2011Sep/0008.html

    <scribe> ACTION: felix: ping mati about his comments on segmentation
    and then submit revised comments to ULI-TC [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-78 - Ping mati about his comments on
    segmentation and then submit revised comments to ULI-TC [on Felix
    Sasaki - due 2011-10-19].

AOB?

    addison: remind folks of Dave's poll on the time

    richard: the HTML5 to 'auto' value for @dir works on Chrome and
    Safari

    <r12a>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/new-bidi-xhtml/images/
    generate?test=38

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/new-bidi-xhtml/images/generate?test=38

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: felix: ping mati about his comments on segmentation
    and then submit revised comments to ULI-TC [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: post links to template and stylesheet for
    writing articles [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
-- 
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/
Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2011 18:38:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:23:07 UTC