RE: I18n and Linked Data - an important (but fixable) omission?

I notice that Wikipedia uses IRIs, at least in their non-English domains, but when I try to copy/paste an example into this message it gets URL-encoded:

http://cv.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD_%D0%94%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BD

Oddly enough, if I hack the Firefox address bar to change cv.wikipedia.org/wiki to dbpedia.org/resource and then copy/paste again it doesn't get URL-encoded:

http://dbpedia.org/resource/Остин_Джейн

Weird.

Jeff