I18N-ISSUE-124: Wording on avoidance of Unicode control characters [HTML5-prep]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:04:31 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-124: Wording on avoidance of Unicode control characters [HTML5-prep]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: HTML5-prep

3.2.6 Requirements relating to bidirectional-algorithm formatting characters
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/content-models.html#requirements-relating-to-bidirectional-algorithm-formatting-characters

This note:

--
For convenience, where possible authors will likely prefer to use the dir attribute, the bdo element, and the bdi element, rather than maintaining the bidirectional-algorithm formatting characters manually.
--

I would prefer if it were rephrased slightly to read:

--
For convenience, where possible authors should use the dir attribute, the bdo element, and the bdi element, rather than maintaining the bidirectional-algorithm formatting characters manually.
--

I would also like it to be removed from a note and made normative (hence the use of "should").