I18N-ISSUE-99: Floating times for date and time [HTML5-prep]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:48:27 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-99: Floating times for date and time [HTML5-prep]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: HTML5-prep Local Date and Time state

The type 'datetime-local' is used for floating times. There is no matching 'date' version or 'time' version.  The effect of this type is to allow a form to show times such that the user-agent doesn't modify the fields when displaying them. This may not work well with non-Gregorian calendars, please note.