I18N-ISSUE-10: Use of case in bidi examples [CSS3-writing-modes]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:23:17 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org,public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-10: Use of case in bidi examples [CSS3-writing-modes]

Raised by: Matitiahu Allouche
On product: CSS3-writing-modes

2. Inline Direction and Bidirectionality

WG Reviewed: Yes

The example should use upper case for RTL and lower case
for Latin.

Rationale: this is the convention used in Unicode documents like
UAX#9. This is also the convention used in the example in section 2.3.
In the same example, the pseudo-bidi words seem meaningless. I suggest to
use English words written backwards, like "SDROW EMOS ERA EREH".