Re: Update on I18n-ISSUE-2: Why not using xml:lang?

Thank you for your consideration of this comment. The i18n working group
is not unanimously agreed that xml:lang will serve better than another
attribute for indicating localization choices, but we will accept that
you have given this thought and will not object to your moving forward
as described in your response.

On behalf of the i18n WG,
RI

PS: One personal comment: I noticed just now that when you hover over

"The text elements MAY be given a lang attribute in the XML namespace
[XML]."

the highlighting covers only

"The text elements MAY be given a lang attribute"

I think it may lead to fewer mistakes on the part of the reader if you
highlight the whole sentence, since the XML namespace part is crucial.

--
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead

http://www.w3.org/International/