RE: I18N-ACTION-40: CSS Selectors and Normalization (new response)

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:13:57 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

> > That said, the Namespaces problem and the Selectors problem are
> > similar problems (from opposite sides). As a result, we can either:
>
> Actually, they have one major difference: Namespaces do not interact with
> anything outside CSS. Their matching is entirely internal to CSS, so problems
> involving normalization of the source markup or the DOM do not apply.

The matching is entirely internal to CSS, so a stronger normalization requirement could be applied to matching (if we were so inclined). However, I don't believe that this really alters the recommendation as given. Or are you suggesting that namespace prefixes ought to require a specific normalization form (in order to be valid)?

Addison