FW: Schedule for HTML5 Last Call

FYI…

From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 7:37 AM
To: chairs@w3.org
Cc: Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net); Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)
Subject: Schedule for HTML5 Last Call

The HTML WG Chairs announced a “Timeline to Last Call” for the HTML WG in Sep 2010:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html

The HTML WG has kept to this Last Call timeline and we currently have only one pre-Last Call issue to resolve.  When that issue is resolved the Chairs will be issuing a HTML WG survey to gain consensus to take the bulk of the HTML5 specifications into Last Call.  That survey will likely run from May 15 to May 22 and we are currently planning to publish the Last Call working drafts on May 24.

The HTML WG Chairs will be proposing a Last Call review period of 6 to 8 weeks and are looking for feedback from other WG/IG Chairs on the timing and length of this Last Call period.

We expect that most if not all W3C WGs and IGs will want to review the HTML5 Last Call specifications but the HTML WG will be especially interested in reviews from the HTML IGs, WebApps WG, WebPerformance WG, CSS WG, SVG WG, Math WG, I18N Core WG, RDF Web Apps WG, DAP WG, GeoLocation WG, TAG, HTML Speech IG, Web and TV IG,  etc.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments on the WG’s Last Call schedule or the Last Call review period.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329