RE: HTML5 number

I think that HTML5's current text is entirely appropriate. What is being discussed in that section are values used within the HTML5 language itself---not presentation of numeric data. The ASCII digits are entirely appropriate here and local/non-ASCII digits would be wholly inappropriate.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N, IETF IRI WGs)