Re: I18N feedback on Issue-88

On 05/19/2010 02:06 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> "Addison Phillips"<addison@lab126.com>  wrote:
>
>> - HTML should (continue to) strongly recommend the presence of @lang
>> (and warn in validators if it is not present)
>
> If validators did that, there'd be even more templates, etc., filling in a
> placeholder value that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the
> actual content.

In that case, I would suggest following Leif's suggestion and only
posting a warning about a missing lang="" if the Content-Language
HTTP header or <meta http-equiv> pragma is present. This is more
likely to catch authors who are trying to specify the language but
doing so wrongly, and avoid the authors who don't care.

~fantasai