From: w3c-html-cg-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-html-cg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Robin Berjon
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 8:44 AM
To: Hypertext CG
Subject: LC Heads-Up: System Information API

Hi all,

as part of its work the DAP WG has been developing a System Information API. The abstract describes it thus:

"""
This specification defines an API to provide Web applications with access to various properties of the system which they are running on. Specifically, properties pertaining to the device hardware are addressed. Examples include battery status, current network bandwidth. Additionally, some of those properties offer access to the environment around the device, such as ambient brightness or atmospheric pressure.
"""

We are looking at pushing that document into Last Call soon, if all goes well in two weeks' time. The only group I had in mind for formal review was WebApps (the public list of which has already been notified), but I wouldn't want to presume as to the interests of other WGs and we're certainly open to input from all.

You can read the current Editor's Draft at:

 http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/