Re: Proposed changes to Choosing a Language Tag article

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:50:44 -0800
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: public-i18n-core@w3.org
Looks good, except for the following.

 in practice convention often associates the macrolanguage subtag with the
predominant language among the encompassed subtags - in this case, cmn
(Mandarin
Chinese).
=>
in practice, convention overwhelmingly associates the macrolanguage subtag
with the predominant language among the encompassed subtags - in this case,
cmn (Mandarin Chinese).

it may sometimes be better to use the macrolanguage subtag for the
predominant language,
=>
it is generally better to use the macrolanguage subtag for the predominant
language,

Similarly, it may sometimes be better for backwards compatibility if, when
dealing with the predominant language in the set,
=>
Similarly, it is generally better for backwards compatibility if, when
dealing with the predominant language in the set,

Mark