RE: ECMA TC-39 (ECMAScript) at TPAC

The Internationalization WG is interested in meeting with TC-39. Our main concern is setting and managing locale in ECMAScript. As this would probably bore the socks off of everyone else, perhaps we can arrange to meet at a separate time?

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126
Chair -- W3C Internationalization WG

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.

responsible for ECMAScript, at our upcoming TPAC 2009. They did their
own arrangements, thus you can't see them on the TPAC 2009 schedule, but
they will be meeting in the same hotel on Thursday/Friday. The TC will
be releasing a new version of ECMAScript, ES5, before the end of the
year. The TC is inviting Groups interested in meeting with them on
Friday, November 6. They're reserving a 2 hours block, from 10am to noon
PT, for that effect.

Topics they're interested in:
- Support of ES5 in WebIDL;
- Guidance from WebIDL for Web APIs;
- Execution model and locking of resources;
- Global variables.

I'm copying John Neumann, chair of the TC, in this message.

Sam Ruby, who is also a participant in the TC, already agreed to come
back to them on behalf of the HTML WG regarding interest.

I'm not sure if Cameron is going to be around however, since the SVG
Working Group is meeting next week and won't be around during TPAC. Who
is the best individual who happens to be at TPAC to represent WebIDL
besides Cameron?

Regards,

Philippe