Re: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content] Unicode Normalization

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:24:35 +0100
To: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, "'L. David Baron'" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-style@w3.org

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:12:35 +0100, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> [This thread grew out of one that didn't include www.style, and has since
> forked a little.  I am therefore pointing to a couple of emails (on the
> i18n public list) that didn't reach www.style but that I think are
> relevant.  I suggest that we henceforth keep both public-i18n and
> www-style copied on all emails related to this topic. ]
>
> See Martin's email at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2009JanMar/0039.html
>
> See my response at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2009JanMar/0041.html

So

1) Do browsers normalize currently?

2) Assuming they do not, who have complained?

I may be biased, but I have the feeling that performing Unicode
Normalization on code snippets is overkill. It could potentially also make
certain class names and IDs identical that are now different/unique. Seems
like a bad idea to me.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>