Re: SVG <title> (was: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal)

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:43:14 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

>> If SVG <title> in text/html does not use RCDATA parsing then it's
>> pointless
>> to make SVG <script> and <style> use CDATA parsing.
>
> I don't see how you come to this conclusion? I think the benefits of
> parsing <script> and <style> as CDATA is at least as much for authors
> as it is for implementations. And authors would benefit just as much
> no matter how <title> is handled.

If HTML and SVG <style> and <script> are parsed the same, it would IMHO be utterly confusing if the rest of HTML (R)CDATA elements didn't parse the same in both HTML and SVG in text/html. OTOH, if all SVG elements use PCDATA, then at least SVG in text/html is consistent with XML.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software