RE: possible issue with LEIRI definition in draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt

Martin,

The XML Core WG does believe that all of our specs
that allow what we are calling LEIRIs actually allow
Legacy Extended IRI *references*.

I suppose that means you could define the term LEIRI
to mean Legacy Extended IRI *reference* in section 7
of IRI-bis, but I would think that would be confusing.
And I suppose we may find a spec out there that
requires a Legacy Extended IRI rather than a
Legacy Extended IRI reference.

So I would tend to have IRI-bis section 7 define both
LEIRI and LEIRI reference (as I believe you are saying
you've done in your latest internal draft), and then
the XML Core specs that are awaiting IRI-bis can use
the term "LEIRI reference".

thanks,

paul