W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2008

i18n Core telecon minutes 2008-02-27

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 05:46:04 +0900
Message-ID: <47C5CC0C.2020302@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html and below as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n Core Working Group
                              27 Feb 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/0014.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Michelle, David, Richard, Felix

   Regrets
          Addison, Michael

   Chair
          Felix

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]agenda review
         2. [6]Action Items
         3. [7]Info Share
         4. [8]Change of telephone conference time?
         5. [9]Bidi comments - ready to send?
         6. [10]Need to look into CSS Namespace Module?
         7. [11]Selectors API Comments Responses
         8. [12]Architecture WG Closed
         9. [13]OWL 1.1 FPWD
        10. [14]AOB
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <michellerago> glad to be here

agenda review

   Richard: like to re-visit HTML 5 bidi comment list

   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-core-minutes

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-core-minutes

   last minutes approved

Action Items

   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Homework

     [17] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Homework

   action items skipped, since action item owners with need for update
   are not on the call

Info Share

   Michelle: question on i18n activity proposal, the ITS IG proposal

   Felix explains ITS IG proposal

   Richard: scope of ITS IG will be more limited to schema creation,
   ITS implementation issues etc.
   ... it makes sense to have that on a separate list

   Michelle: thanks for the answer

Change of telephone conference time?

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/001
   3.html

     [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/0013.html

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0069.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0069.html

   David: cannot decide this with people on the call, need to look at
   other people like Andrew

   David will create a list of proposed times

   David: will re-use mail from Addison for that

   <r12a> ACTION: David to create a set of proposals for meeting times
   after the daylight savings change [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action01]

   [21]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0802-html5/

     [21] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0802-html5/

Bidi comments - ready to send?

   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/
   0040.html

     [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/0040.html

   Felix: all comments fine with me

   no other comments

   Richard: owner for comments?
   ... could be me?

   Felix: fine with me
   ... need to find out in general: what is the relation between HTML 5
   and CSS? not necessarily i18n specific, though

   Richard: looked at XHTML 2 spec, it does not mention right alignment
   at all
   ... need to have that in HTML 5 and XHTML 2 as well
   ... HTML spec says that BIDI information is inherited by block
   elements, but not by inline elements

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send BIDI comments on behalf of core WG
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to look into alignment issue in XHTML 2 and
   HTML 5 closer [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action03]

   Richard: this comment page will be a growing list

   David: are HTML 5 folks changing without versioning

   Richard: we are commenting on editor's versions here

   Felix: not seen clearly how they indicate changes between various
   versions of the editor's draft

Need to look into CSS Namespace Module?

   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/000
   8.html

     [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/0008.html

   Richard: had a look at it
   ... tried to understand the syntax, was wondering about IRI support
   ... not sure if we will have questions yet

   Felix: I will ask for more time (two more weeks) to submit comments

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to ask for more time (two more weeks) to
   submit comments about CSS namespace module [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action04]

Selectors API Comments Responses

   agreement to wait until Addison is back

Architecture WG Closed

   Richard: documents that used to be under Architecture WG are now
   under our responsibility

   we will publish them as Notes, not Recommendations

   scribe: that includes "character model resource identifiers",
   "character model normalization", "language tags and locale
   identifiers"
   ... we work on two other documents "text directions for content
   authors of Hebrew"
   ... and "character encoding declaration best practices", to be
   published as notes

OWL 1.1 FPWD

   Felix to review OWL 1.1, next week

AOB

   other topics also postponed

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: David to create a set of proposals for meeting times
   after the daylight savings change [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to ask for more time (two more weeks) to submit
   comments about CSS namespace module [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Richard to look into alignment issue in XHTML 2 and
   HTML 5 closer [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Richard to send BIDI comments on behalf of core WG
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/27-core-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([32]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/02/27 20:43:05 $

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 February 2008 20:46:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:53 GMT