Re: [whatwg] Is EBCDIC support needed for not breaking the Web?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 16:25:05 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, whatwg List <whatwg@whatwg.org>, public-i18n-core@w3.org

* Henri Sivonen wrote:
>This makes me wonder: Do the top browsers support any EBCDIC-based
>encodings but just without exposing them in the UI? If not, can there
>be any notable EBCDIC-based Web content?

Internet Explorer should support any character encoding Windows supports
(see the advanced tab in `control International`), which includes many
EBCDIC encodings. See eg. http://www.websitedev.de/temp/ebcdic-cp-us.txt
for an example. It seems to me www-international@w3.org would have been
a better place to ask your questions than the mailing lists you picked.