W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > April to June 2008

I18n Core telecon minutes: 2008-05-21

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:12:55 +0100
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00a901c8bb55$25acb930$71062b90$@org>

http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html





Text version follows:



                           I18n Core telecon

21 May 2008

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Richard, Andrew, David, Yves, Felix

   Regrets
   Chair
          Richard

   Scribe
          r12a

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Actions
         2. [5]Info Share
         3. [6]IRI/URI Canonicalization does not address IRIs with IDNs
         4. [7]HTML 5 and Charmod (input from Andrew)
         5. [8]Info Share (2)
         6. [9]Pipeline review
         7. [10]Spec reviews
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



Actions

   [12]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Homework

     [12] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Homework

   <scribe> ACTION: Addison: write basic outline in wiki for a note on
   case folding PENDING [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Andrew: create notes on how to use the wiki
   template DONE [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Addison to write an alternative proposal for the
   para giving an example in SSML 3.2.1 PENDING [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action03]

Info Share

   RI: Talks in Australia seemed to go well

IRI/URI Canonicalization does not address IRIs with IDNs

   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/
   0025.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/0025.html

   <fsasaki>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008AprJun/
   0024.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008AprJun/0024.html

   <fsasaki>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008AprJun/
   0020.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008AprJun/0020.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to report this issue to the IDNA WG at IETF
   and see if they have any comments [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action04]

   David: even on a simple level round tripping doesn't work because of
   case reduction

   <fsasaki>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/
   0026.html

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2008JanMar/0026.html

   <fsasaki>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/Group/powder-grouping/20080128.htm
   l#canon

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/Group/powder-grouping/20080128.html#canon

HTML 5 and Charmod (input from Andrew)

   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/001
   0.html

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Feb/0010.html

   Put on agenda for next week

Info Share (2)

   Felix: There was heated discussinoin the the LTRU group about how to
   represent chinese languages and the chairs asked for people to read
   the proposals and decide "a consensus call on the "extlang or not
   extlang" question to end Saturday, May 24." via a vote which way to
   go forward
   ... if you are interested in giving your opinion, please look at the
   thread

   <fsasaki> "a consensus call on the "extlang or not extlang" question
   to end Saturday, May 24."

Pipeline review

   [23]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

     [23] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

   <scribe> ACTION: Andrew to continue work on What should I consider
   wrt moving to UTF-8?
   ([24]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-upgrade.html)
   and report progress [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action05]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-upgrade.html)

   <scribe> ACTION: Addison to guide decision next week (28th May) on
   which document(s) to tackle next from Charmod, etc list, and choose
   editor(s) to get work started [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action06]

   <fsasaki> [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

     [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call

Spec reviews

   <scribe> ACTION: Addison to check latest XMLHTTPRequest LC draft
   against previous comments made when we reviewed the document
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check whether there are any issues in
   CURIE Syntax spec [29]http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-curie-20080506/
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action08]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-curie-20080506/

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Addison to check latest XMLHTTPRequest LC draft
   against previous comments made when we reviewed the document
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Addison to guide decision next week (28th May) on
   which document(s) to tackle next from Charmod, etc list, and choose
   editor(s) to get work started [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Andrew to continue work on What should I consider wrt
   moving to UTF-8?
   ([33]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-upgrade.html)
   and report progress [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to check whether there are any issues in CURIE
   Syntax spec [35]http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-curie-20080506/
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to report this issue to the IDNA WG at IETF and
   see if they have any comments [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action04]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-upgrade.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-curie-20080506/

   [PENDING] ACTION: Addison to write an alternative proposal for the
   para giving an example in SSML 3.2.1 [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Addison: write basic outline in wiki for a note on
   case folding [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action01]

   [DONE] ACTION: Andrew: create notes on how to use the wiki template
   [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-core-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
 
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/blog/
http://rishida.net/

 
Received on Wednesday, 21 May 2008 15:12:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:55 GMT