Re: [widgets] i18n

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:09:58 +1000
To: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@amazon.com>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

Hi Addison, All,
I've attempted to make the widget spec conformant with BCP437. In
particular, I've deferred searching for localized folders to RFC4647
using "lookup" against a language priority list composed of a basic
language range. WAF would be grateful if (i18n) people could take a
look at the current draft in the spec and make sure that it is ok (so
we can close issue 23 [1]). The i18n text is fairly short (only about
1 page), so it should not take much time to read, and, hopefully,
respond to.

In the widget spec, the localization definitions and author
requirements are described in section:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#localization

The i18n processing model (which makes use of RFC4647) is described in section:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#step-6

Hope it all makes sense.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback,
Marcos

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/waf/issues/23

--
Marcos Caceres