(unknown charset) Re: ァ2.1.3 IRI/URI Canonicalization does not address IRIs with IDNs

From: (unknown charset) Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:36:26 +0900
To: (unknown charset) Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Cc: (unknown charset) "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>, public-powderwg@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

At 17:14 08/04/10, Phil Archer wrote:

>Our basic need is that we must be able to be certain whether a given IRI does or does not match a small data set. Typically, something like

A very, very basic question: Just for a moment assuming that a complete
solution isn't possible, what's more of a problem for your application:

False positives (IRIs/URIs match when they shouldn't) or
false negatives (IRIs/URIs don't match when they should)?

If you can't decide on one or the other, can you at least describe
potential consequences in each case?

Also, do you describe/talk about/work with actual retreivable
resources, or also others?

Regards,   Martin.