Re: Tests updated and new results page

From: Najib Tounsi <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:41:17 +0000
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: public-i18n-core@w3.org

Richard Ishida wrote:
> As part of the development of the best practices on bidi in HTML, I spruced up the tests at
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/test-rtl-chrome-0
>
> and wrote a results page after trying some tests out, at
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/results/results-rtl-chrome.php
>
> These tests check whether and how a user agent handles Javascript dialog boxes and page scrollbars when right-to-left directionality is specified for XHTML 1.0 content that is served as text/html.
>
> If anyone has some time to conduct some tests on additional browsers, and write up the results, please let me know.

Hi Richard,

I've done the test for Safari 2.0.1 on Mac OS X V10.4.2
Safari is OK with RTL! (shame on the others)

For the four tests (dir=rtl in the body, html or head elements, and then
only in the button element)

    * Safari, does not reverse the order of graphic elements in the
      dialog boxes.
    * Safari display the message in RTL!  The text W3C appears at the
      right of the Arabic text.
      (نشاط التدويل، W3C)
    * The scroll bar is at the right of the window.

The column for Safari 2.0.1 on Mac OS X V10.4.2 should then be
green-light  :-).

Please find here (http://196.200.140.8/Tests/RI-Tests/mail.html) the
complete answer with images.

Regards,