Re: New draft of What is encoding

Hello Richard,

Some comments I wrote up a while ago, without completely reading the document:

"or the Devanagari X." -> "or the Devanagari character X."
(otherwise, some people may read this as 'Devanagari' being
usable for denoting single characters).

"If you are to correctly decode the sequence" ->
"If you want to correctly decode the sequence"
('are to' sounds a bit impersonal to me, also it's more
difficult for foreign speakers than 'want'; otherwise, avoid
using 'you' (probably better in this case, as it is about something
very mechanical), e.g. changing to "In order to correctly...")

Regards,    Martin.