Re: New draft of What is encoding

Hi Richard,

Richard Ishida wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/What_is_encoding
>
> Please take a look and comment by/on Tuesday.

I would comment in the wiki, but there is an issue with the image:
Better choose a different title of the publication, not "Japanese Line
Composition Rules" (both in Japanese and latin transliteration). It does
not fit with the author.

Also, on "Once your application has worked out what characters it is
dealing with, it will then look in the font for glyphs to represent
those characters.": If my application does processing without
visualization, e.g. a query, it will not need to look in the font. Maybe
that's not obvious for some readers - depends on the audience, I guess.

Felix