Converting /International to utf-8

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:00:48 -0000
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

At the Tech Plen, Addison ran a small tool on the /International site that detected some encoding anomalies.

I have just spent a long time converting all the files under /International to utf-8 and adjusting various .htaccess files.

There should now be no need to explicitly associate files or directories with utf-8 under /International.  Directories that hadn't been set to utf-8 by default (using a .htaccess file) have now got a .htaccess file that sets all files to iso-8859-1 (the previous default).

So hopefully things are now a lot clearer.

I expect there will still be some anomalies, but we can probably address those as we go forward.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)