Re: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

Jonathan Rosenne wrote:

>> I'm constantly spelling out or writing out the URI of my home page for
>> other people, and I'm glad I don't have to do it in some other
>> language, never mind a different script like Greek or Cyrillic.
>>
>> RI
>>

> This is exactly the point, although with a different conclusion. I often read over the phone English URLs (I don't buy the neutral Latin script in this context) to people for whom English is not their language and who do not know it well, causing lots of problems. When we get internationalized URLs I would be reading them words in their own language.
>
> Jony

Not to mention transliterated-in-Latin URIs, which are well understood
when pronounced, but can be written wrong, because there are more then
one transliteration. An example  among others, {Aljazira, Eljazira,
Aljazeera, Aldjazira, ... }.net
All are pronounced the same in Arabic, but which of them is/are the
right Website and which is/are spoofing.
Such problems would't exist with IDNs.

Najib