Re: Add scripts to XForms input-mode script list in Appendix E (PR#106)

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for agreeing to help us with this issue.  Your
expertise is really vital here.

The attached file is the spec XML for the appendix containing the input
modes material.  This means that the usual attributes (diff="add",
diff="chg and diff="del") are used to mark the changes.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Sent by: www-forms-editor-request@w3.org
10/24/2007 11:43 PM

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
cc
public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org
Subject
Re: Add scripts to XForms input-mode script list in Appendix E (PR#106)

Hello Steven,

At 00:45 07/10/25, Steven Pemberton wrote:

>Martin,
>
>I think then that I understand your answer to be: the list should be in
>the spec.

Yes indeed.

>Since you produced the list in the original case, I wonder if you would
be
>so kind to refresh it for us, since there is no one currently in the WG
>that has the expertise to do that.

No problem. What exact form do you prefer? I can send you a HTML
table based on the one currently at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#mode-scripts, with the additions
(as listed below). If you are editing from some XML form, I'll
try to handle that, too. Also, please tell me what kind of change
markup you are using, if any.

I have no problem doing the work, but I'd like somebody else
(could be XForms WG or I18N Core WG) to crosscheck.

Regards,   Martin.

<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
>wrote:
>

>> Hello Steven,
>>
>> At 04:33 07/06/14, Steven Pemberton wrote:
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> I wonder if it woudn't be more efficient to have this list by
reference
>>> rather
>>> than by inclusion.
>>>
>>> Since you are the author of this section, would you be willing to
>>> suggest the
>>> text to replace the list with references to the normative specs?
>>
>> This may make sense to some extent, but it's not totally clear that
>> all future additions to the Unicode list of scripts can be just added
>> to the list of input mode tags in XForms. It is certainly not the case
>> that the current list of scripts in Unicode is identical with the
>> (currently proposed, incl. below) list of tags in XForms.
>>
>> Also, because there are changes in spelling, I think it's much
>> more useful for implementers and users to have a full list.
>> What I could immagine is that we add a sentence saying something
>> like "it is expected that future versions of this specification
>> will include tokens for scripts added to Unicode wherever that
>> makes sense".
>>
>> Regards,    Martin.
>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Steven Pemberton