Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: IRIs for external schema locations possible? (PR#8)

Hi Martin,

We could use a few IRI samples with various non-ASCII characters in them,
esp. if they were already expressed with entity encodings and other such
measures needed to allow us to place them directly into an attribute value
or the text content of an element.
We do not currently have tests that I know of along the lines you are
asking about.
XForms, the technical report, delegates the whole issue of xsd:anyURI
correctness to [1] (as previously mentioned in the email to Felix), so our
existing tests would sample from the lexical space defined in [1].  We
would be especially interested to know if there exist any IRIs that do not
comply to the lexical space definition appearing in [1].

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/datatypes.html#anyURI

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
09/26/2007 08:15 PM

John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
cc
"Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>, public-i18n-core@w3.org,
www-forms-editor@w3.org
Subject
Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: IRIs for external schema   locations
possible? (PR#8)

Hello John,

Do you/the XForms WG have any test cases that include dereferencing
any of the anyURI-type fields mentioned below? I have a framework
that can easily generate tests using various non-ASCII characters,
so that we could test various implementations regarding whether
they support anyURIs (which are in essence IRIs).

Regards,    Martin.

At 01:55 07/09/27, John Boyer wrote:

>Hi Felix,
>
>The Forms WG authorized the following response:
>
>We now believe we understand what you have asked.  We agree that the
XForms 1.1 last call specification contained language about the host
language supplying the src attribute.  We also agree that the datatype of
the resource attribute was missing from the overview table in [1] (the
overview tables are where we normatively state the datatypes of
attributes, such as those of the instance element in this case).

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-abstract

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-abstract

>Both of these problems have been corrected in the normative text of
XForms 1.1, which can be seen in the editor's draft at [1].  The src
attribute is no longer regarded as being provided by the host language for
the instance element [2], and both src and resource are defined to be of
type xsd:anyURI [1].

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-model-instance

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-model-instance

>Also note that  XForms also uses xsd:anyURI (normatively) in a few other
places, such as the action and resource attributes of submission and load
elements, the schema attribute of model, and the resource-uri event
context info properties of a number of events.  However, in all these
other cases, the datatype was already identified (normatively) to be
xsd:anyURI.

>In all of these cases, xsd:anyURI is interpreted as meaning the anyURI
datatype defined in XML Schema 1.0 Part 2 Second Edition [3]

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#intro-conventions

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#intro-conventions

>Finally, note that [4] does still mention that a host language may decide
to include a linking attribute on our elements, but we do not mention the
content model for such attributes as those are under the host language
control and not XForms.

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-attrs-link

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#structure-attrs-link

>Due to the above, we believe that the concern you expressed about
normatively referencing xsd:anyURI has now been satisfied for all
attributes in the latest XForms 1.1 working draft.

>>> (<http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms-11-req/>