Re: Discussion on XML Schema "equality of strings" issue

(This is a personal comment)

The existence of different character sequences forming identical
semantic values (i.e. normalization forms) in Unicode and escaping
options in XML means that pure bitwise equality of strings cannot be
guaranteed for operations where one might otherwise expect an "equality
match". I think this is important for XML Schema to recognize.

--

I will add this to our agenda for next Tuesday. I wish I18N-Arch would
publish CharMod-Norm.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips