From: Sarmad Hussain [mailto:sarmad.hussain@nu.edu.pk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:09 AM
To: gaaron@afilias.info; 'Najib Tounsi'
Cc: public-i18n-core@w3.org; 'NayyaraKaramat'
Subject: RE: Urdu IDNs

Dear Greg Aaron,

Currently punycode conversion will only be for the domain name.  The TLDs will be mapped to corresponding English versions, not converted to punycode until ICANN enables such TLDs.

Thus would get converted to www.punycode-for-domain-name.net <http://www.punycode-for-domain-name.net/> . .Net allows punycode.  Other TLDs like .com, .pk will not be possible until they are enabled.

Regards,
Sarmad

  _____