RE: Proposed note about C064 and C065

I think there is a misunderstanding going on here wrt the meaning of the text 'an obligation to track the very latest update version of Unicode'.

My understanding is that this has nothing to do with whether or not you cite a minor version, but rather whether or not you have to change your specification every time the Unicode spec is updated. From his response, I think that this is what François intended also (see "there is no obligation to *track* the latest version, as in updating a spec whenever Unicode issues a new update.")

Perhaps we can resolve this with some additional text, as follows:

==============
NOTE : C064 and C065 are meant to avoid specifications referring to obsolete and potentially unavailable versions of the standards.  It should *not* be construed as an obligation to update specifications every time the Unicode standard is updated, especially when a specification has no need for this level of details and all is that is desired is a generic reference.  Specification editors may consult http://www.unicode.org/versions/latest for the latest version of Unicode and search the ISO Catalogue from http://www.iso.ch/ for the latest version and published amendments of ISO/IEC 10646.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)