Re: On IDNA issues

Hello Martin, all,

I'd like to take your proposal into account and use it as an input to my
AI for a blog entry on the issue. See below.

Title: IDNs and some right-to-left scripts

International Domain Names have some restrictions for right-to-left
scripts. Certain words in certain languages writtin with
right-to-left scripts, e.g. Dhivehi and Yiddish, are not allowed as IDN
labels. This is due to the fact that IDN labels currently are required
to end or start with a right-to-left or left-to-right strongly typed
character. Combining characters are not allowed in these positions.
[link to draft-alvestrand-idna-bidi-00], an IETF draft under
development, discusses the issue and proposes some solutions which might
lead to modifications of the RFCs mentioned above (esp. RFC 3454). Note
that other languages such as Arabic and Hebrew are not really much
affected.

Felix